Employee Handbook Services: What Are Your Options With CPS?
An employee handbook is one of the most important communication tools for your workforce. Not only does it set out your policies so employees’ expectations about their rights and your obligations are clear, it also helps protect your business against employee complaints or even lawsuits. Since the document is so important, many companies look to outside help to ensure their contents are both comprehensive and compliant. If you decide to go this route, you may be wondering what employee handbook services Complete Payroll Solutions offers.
Complete Payroll Solutions certified HR professionals assist companies with both live and on-demand support for common workforce challenges, including creating employee handbooks. While we know our outsourced HR services may not be right for everyone, here we’ll discuss the details of our employee handbook offerings so you can decide if we’re a good fit for your organization, including:
- Do I need an employee handbook
- Can I create an employee handbook myself
- What employee handbook services does Complete Payroll Solutions offer
- What do Complete Payroll Solutions’ employee handbook services cost
- How long does it take to complete an employee handbook with Complete Payroll Solutions
After reading this, you’ll be able to decide if our employee handbook services are right for your business.
Do I need an employee handbook?
There are many laws that require you to notify employees of certain workplace rights; however, there is no federal or state law that requires you to have an employee handbook. Yet even if you’re a small to mid-sized company, or have just one employee, you should have an employee handbook to help you stay compliant with state and federal regulations to reduce your liability.
Can I create an employee handbook myself?
A good employee handbook provides your workforce with all your guidelines, policies, and procedures so it should be customized to your unique company. While you can search online for free examples or pay for a basic template, that will require you to know the local laws and industry regulations that may apply to your business.
If you don’t have the expertise in house to tailor the content, then it can be a good idea to outsource to an HR provider that offers employee handbook services. At Complete Payroll Solutions, all the handbooks we create are developed by senior HR business partners who are certified professionals.
What employee handbook services does Complete Payroll Solutions offer?
At Complete Payroll Solutions, we offer two different options for creating a handbook for your workplace: custom handbook development or a handbook wizard.
- Custom Handbook: We develop handbooks for companies of all sizes and in all industries. To create a document that suits your needs, we take several steps:
- Review your current practices: We start by reviewing any of your company’s policies and procedures that are currently in effect – written or unwritten – for best practices and legal compliance. Based on our findings, we’ll identify areas where we recommend improvement.
- Discuss our suggested outline: Once we have assessed your current approach, we’ll explain what we envision for the contents of your handbook, and share an outline of the contents if desired. During this phase of development, we’ll answer any questions you have about why we have recommended any sections to include or exclude.
- Create your handbook: After we have a working session on the content, our HR professionals will create a draft of your custom handbook that addresses your specific workforce, industry, and geographic location. We will review this with your team and legal counsel, if desired, before finalizing.
- Handbook Wizard: For companies who want to develop their own handbook but with our guidance as an outline, we offer a handbook wizard. This tool allows you to utilize all of the documents available in our online compliance library and include those policies that apply to your organization.
What do Complete Payroll Solutions’ employee handbook services cost?
Our costs for our employee handbook services vary depending on whether you want a custom handbook developed by us or if you want to use our handbook wizard.
- Custom Handbook: For a custom employee handbook, we charge $2,000. In addition to the initial development of your handbook, you can also get an annual update to reflect compliance with new laws and regulations for $500 a year. If you’re using one of our HR packages, depending on what you purchased, you may not incur the annual update cost.
- Handbook Wizard: To gain access to our compliance library so you can download applicable policies for your workplace, you’ll need to purchase our Essential HR package, which costs $750 a year.
How long does it take to complete an employee handbook with Complete Payroll Solutions?
Like our costs, the time it takes to get an employee handbook developed with Complete Payroll Solutions’ services depends on which approach you take.
- Custom Handbook: Typically, it takes about 4 weeks for our team to create a custom handbook. However, if you need your document sooner, we will work to meet your deadline.
- Handbook Wizard: The length of time it takes to build a handbook using our wizard really depends on you or your staff’s availability to work on the project so the timeframe for each company is unique.
How to Choose the Right Employee Handbook Service Provider for Your Business
With so many options on the market today, it can be overwhelming to decide the best approach to creating your employee handbook. Hopefully this article provided you an overview of our available offerings to best suit your needs.
No matter which option you choose, our employee handbook services can be an ideal choice for a business who wants to:
- Have content developed by certified HR professionals
- Deploy a handbook quickly, in as little as 4 weeks
- Have a low up-front investment and annual maintenance costs
- Be able to access additional compliance or HR support from a team who already understands your business
Does a handbook solution from Complete Payroll Solutions sound like a good fit for you? Read our next article about our HR packages and which ones include handbook services. Or if you’re ready to get started, visit our pricing page.